Everyone likes to look their best. There have been many medical and scientific discoveries in recent years that have made this easier than ever to accomplish. Juvéderm® is an extremely versatile family of dermal fillers. It can be used to help people combat a wide variety of aesthetic issues here in Spokane. Have you been seeking a way to look younger and boost your self-esteem? This is definitely a treatment worth checking out!
What Is Juvéderm®?
Although there are several different fillers in the Juvéderm® family, they all are hyaluronic acid-based. This acid is actually a naturally-occurring sugar found in the body. The synthetic version used in dermal fillers is great for plumping up the skin and restoring its youthfulness.
Juvéderm® stands out from other hyaluronic acid-based fillers due to its Hylacross technology. This helps to give your face the structure it needs to appear smoother and firmer. When compared to other treatments, the gel used in this one is very smooth.
After injections, the hyaluronic acid adds immediate volume to the targeted area. Its job does not end there, however. It also attracts more moisture to the area, further improving your results and making them last longer.
The Juvéderm® Family of Fillers
In total, there are four different fillers to choose from in this line here in Spokane. The right filler for you depends entirely on the area of your face you are seeking to target and the results you are after. You can choose from:
- Voluma XC: One of the ways that the face ages that is often overlooked is sagging. Over the years, the cheeks can begin to lose volume. This filler is perfect for restoring that volume and giving your cheeks youthful contours. Results can last for up to an impressive two years.
- Vollure XC: This is a treatment for nasolabial folds. It plumps up the skin underneath the nose and/or mouth to smooth out fine lines and wrinkles. Clinical studies saw this treatment lasting for up to 18 months.
- Volbella XC: Those seeking a way to treat vertical lip lines, sometimes referred to as “lipstick lines,” while adding subtle volume to the mouth, will want to learn more about this filler. The results are known to last for up to one year.
- Ultra XC: If you are hoping to add more than a little volume to your lips, this may be the correct option for you. This is also a treatment option for those seeking to treat nasolabial folds. According to the manufacturer, it can last for up to one year.
Do Juvéderm® Treatments Hurt?
Each of the fillers in this line has lidocaine in the injections. Once injected, the area becomes numb within seconds. You may feel a slight pinch, but this fades quickly. The lidocaine keeps you comfortable after your treatment as well. If you have concerns about the initial pinch felt, ice or topical numbing agents can be used. Your comfort is always a top priority.
Juvéderm® Compared to Other Injectable Treatments
There are currently many different injectable fillers on the market. They fall into two main categories. This is because there are actually two different types of wrinkles that can form on the face.
The first is the kind that shows up on the face when certain facial movements happen. One great example is the lines that show up near the eyes when you smile. These are treated by injections such as Botox®, which works by temporarily relaxing muscles in order to allow the face to relax.
The other kind of wrinkles are the ones that appear when your face is at rest. They are best treated by dermal fillers. Juvéderm® is a great treatment option for wrinkles that do not only show up when you make certain facial expressions.
The Benefits of Juvéderm®
Still on the fence about these treatments? Be sure to consider the following benefits associated with Juvéderm® dermal fillers:
- They are comfortable: Thanks to the lidocaine and other precautions, you do not need to worry about pain with this treatment.
- They are minimally-invasive: Small needles are used in this treatment, leaving behind no scars. Injectable dermal fillers are non-surgical and do not carry the risks and downtime that more invasive treatments do.
- There is no downtime: There is no “recovery period” and the short treatments allow you to return to work right away if desired.
- The results are very natural looking: Since hyaluronic acid is found in the body, Juvéderm® treatments will not leave you looking fake or “plastic.”
- Results are quick: You do not have to wait weeks while your body creates collagen. Results are immediate and long-lasting.
- It is reversible: Plastic surgery is hard to undo if you are not happy with the results. With Juvéderm®, on the other hand, you only have to wait for the hyaluronic acid to naturally biodegrade.
What to Expect with Juvéderm® Treatments in Spokane
Prior to beginning, a consultation will be conducted to discuss your medical history as well as what you are hoping to accomplish with Juvéderm®. In order to reduce the risk of bleeding and/or bruising, it may be recommended that you stop taking aspirin or NSAIDs. There are other precautions that will need to be followed prior to your treatment as well. These include avoiding tanning, drinking, and smoking. This is all done to ensure that you get the best possible results from your treatment.
When the time for your injections arrives, the target area will be numbed if desired. A series of injections are gently given at the predetermined spots. Finally, the area will be massaged to ensure that the hyaluronic acid is evenly distributed and that your results are very natural in appearance. When it is all said and done, most treatments take 15 minutes or less to complete.
What to Expect after Juvéderm® Treatments
Results are seen immediately after your treatment, although you may experience a bit of swelling at first. There is no actual downtime after treatment, but there are a few things to keep in mind. Your skin will be especially sensitive after your injections, so be sure to avoid direct sun exposure for at least 24 hours. Other things to avoid in the first day after treatment include alcohol, strenuous exercise, and extreme heat. You will be given specific aftercare instructions based on your individual situation. This will include things such as how long you should wait before applying make-up and resuming your normal skin care routine. How long your results last will depend on many factors, including which of the fillers in the line was used.
Results with Juvéderm®
One of the biggest reasons people here in Spokane love this treatment is the amazing results. It may take two or three weeks for the swelling to go down completely and for you to see the full impact of your treatment. Again, how long your results last will depend on which filler in the line you have selected. For example, one clinical study found that 78% of patients who had Ultra XC injections in their lips were still happy with their improvements one year later. Another study done on Voluma XC found that people who had these injections felt they looked five years younger six months afterward. Due to how safe these injections are, you can schedule follow-up treatments when you feel your improvements are fading.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Juvéderm® Treatments in Spokane?
Good candidates for this treatment are those who can benefit from the skin plumping effects. They are in good general health and have a good understanding of what the treatment entails and what results can be expected. Although this type of treatment is typically associated with women, men can benefit just as much.
Most fillers in this line require that the person be at least 21 years of age, although the requirement for some is 18. It is important to not have an active infection at the injection sites. The safety of this treatment has not been thoroughly studied for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding. If you are dealing with issues such as wrinkling due to environmental factors, other treatments option may be better. We would be happy to help you explore your options at your consultation. Juvéderm® can also be combined with other fillers and treatments to help give you the look you are after.
Is Juvéderm® Safe?
This treatment is considered to be very safe. Allergic reactions are incredibly rare. There are no animal byproducts in the injections, which is one of the main reasons allergies are almost unheard of. The body recognizes hyaluronic acid as something natural. Even those who are sensitive to other filler materials typically respond well to this treatment. Unlike with many other cosmetic treatments, skin tests are not required prior to having your injections. This helps to streamline the process. Over time, the hyaluronic acid in the injections is completely broken down and excreted by the body. You do not have to worry about chemicals being left behind. This treatment has had FDA-approval since June 2nd, 2006.
Learn More Today
Those who are interested in learning more about Juvéderm® are encouraged to visit Sarah Hamilton FACE. We have three convenient locations in Spokane, Coeur d’Alene, and Liberty Lake. Contact us today to schedule your consultation!